Positive Discipline Solutions is honoured to offer the “Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way” and “Positive Discipline in the Classroom” certification trainings, both developed by Dr. Jane Nelsen and Lynn Lott. We also now offer the “Positive Discipline for Early Childhood Educators” training developed by Dr. Jane Nelsen, Cheryl Erwin and Steven Foster.
These trainings can be brought to your organization or are held periodically throughout the year by Positive Discipline Solutions.
Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way Training
This two day intensive training provides participants with research based strategies and tools for teaching parents and others who work with children how to use discipline that:
- Is respectful to both children and adults
- Is non-punitive but not permissive
- Supports children in developing social emotional skills and other important life skills
Upon completion of the training, participants will qualify as “Certified Positive Discipline Educators” by the Positive Discipline Association .
Positive Discipline for Early Childhood Educators
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for early childhood educators, teachers, and caregivers who work with children from birth to six years of age. (Parents will also find this workshop helpful; however, the focus is on early childhood education.)
Participants will learn to apply the principles and tools of Positive Discipline, an Adlerian research-based philosophy, to working with groups of young children. They will also gain a deeper understanding of how young children learn, the importance of belonging and social and emotional learning, and how best to teach those skills in a classroom or care setting.
Participants will earn recognition as Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educators and will learn to:
- Create a classroom or care setting where children can develop a sense of belonging and significance based on the importance of contribution and mutual respect.
- Understand how young children learn and how to adapt teaching to the needs of this age group.
- Foster essential social and emotional skills to support development and school readiness, and understand behavior and how to guide it in groups of young children.
- Teach the essential skills for developmentally appropriate participation in class meetings.
- Learn Positive Discipline and Adlerian concepts for use in the classroom, preschool community, and with parents.
POSITIVE DISCIPLINE IN THE CLASSROOM
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for teachers, counselors, school staff and administrators who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging student behaviors.
Attendees will earn recognition as a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator and will learn to:
- Develop a large teaching toolbox of kind and firm discipline approaches.
- Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures.
- Create an equitable classroom community based on mutual respect.
- Understand the motivation behind students’ misbehavior and how to encourage positive change.
- Facilitate effective class meetings teaching social skills and problem-solving.
- Learn Positive Discipline/Adlerian Psychology for use in the classroom and school community.
This Workshop provides professional development for Educators to use Positive Discipline in their school or classroom setting. There is an Advanced Training Track that is required to facilitate Positive Discipline in the Classroom activities with teachers or other school staff. For more information about Advanced Training, email email@example.com. There is also an Overview of Training and Certification at https://positivediscipline.org/certification-overview.
Positive Discipline Solutions can bring “Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way” trainings to your organization anywhere in Canada and we also offer live trainings periodically throughout the year in Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia.