Positive Discipline Solutions is honoured to offer the “Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way” and “Positive Discipline in the Classroom” certification trainings, both developed by Dr. Jane Nelsen and Lynn Lott.
For more information on the Positive Discipline in the Classroom training visit our Classroom Teachers and Administrators page.
Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way Training
This intensive two day training provides participants with research based strategies and tools for teaching parents and others who work with children how to use discipline that:
- Is respectful to both children and adults
- Is non-punitive but not permissive
- Supports children in developing social emotional skills and other important life skills
Upon completion of the training, participants will qualify as “Certified Positive Discipline Educators” by the Positive Discipline Association.
Training fees include resource materials adaptable for use with a number of different age and focus groups. These materials include the Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way Manual, the book Positive Discipline, and a Facilitator’s Manual and Workbook to lead a multi-week Positive Discipline class.
The “Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way Training” is suitable for:
- New parent educators who want to develop tools, skills, and confidence
- Experienced parent educators who want new ideas and innovative activities
- Childcare and other early childhood professionals who want to apply Positive Discipline methods in their centres or classrooms and provide Positive Discipline Workshops for their staff and parents
- Family therapists, social workers, psychologists, coaches who want strategies for their clients or a format for parenting classes to build their practice.
- School personnel, social workers or those working in group home settings
- Parents who want an in-depth approach from which to apply to parenting practices.
Positive Discipline Solutions can bring “Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way” trainings to your organization anywhere in Canada and we also offer live trainings periodically throughout the year in Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia.